The ACCT Philly Help Desk offers support to pets and pet owners in need. We provide advice, counseling, and referrals, helping pet owners solve many common problems without surrendering a family pet to the shelter.
Contact us at 267-385-3800, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, and make sure to check out the following digital resources, too:
- Behavior support and training resources
- Spay/neuter assistance & low cost veterinary referrals
- Pet-friendly housing help
- Pet food assistance
- Referrals for emergency services
- Many household items can be poisonous for your furry friend. Check out Banfield Pet Hospital’s article on what items are unsafe for your pets and how to keep them out of reach here. If you are worried your pet has ingested something poisonous, please contact one of our local emergency clinics for help.
- Trying to quit smoking? Check out Quitza for tips on how to keep your pets safer from second and third-hand smoke.
- Worried about how environmental factors can impact your pet’s health? Learn more about how things such as mold can drastically impact your pet.
- Looking to rehome your pet? Before surrendering, please check out GetYourPet.com, a free online service that connects owners needing to rehome a pet with potential adopters!
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: Any advice provided by the Animal Care & Control Team of Philadelphia (ACCT Philly) is for informational purposes only. Some acctphilly email address may be managed by volunteers of ACCT Philly and do not necessarily represent the views of ACCT Philly or ACCT Philly staff. Behavior and training advice and suggestions provided are not intended to be a substitute for the advice of a professional dog trainer or qualified animal behaviorist. ACCT Philly expressly disclaims any and all liability, expressed or implied, with respect to the service and advice received. Your reliance on the advice provided and/or content of ACCT Philly’s website or email communications is solely at your own risk.
In addition, none of the content on ACCT Philly’s website or in communications from ACCT Philly representatives is intended to constitute veterinary advice or any other advice of a professional nature. You should always consult your own veterinarian, dog behaviorist or other applicable professional for advice before making important decisions about your pet. Never disregard medical or professional advice, or delay seeking it, because of advice provided by ACCT Philly representatives. You should also ask your veterinarian to assist you in interpreting any behavioral advice provided and in applying the information to your individual case.