Want to save the life of a shelter dog and interested in some one-on-one attention for finding the right match? The Pen Pal Program is a great resource for people interested in adopting!
Top 5 reasons to adopt a Pen Pal:
- Pen Pal dogs are already working on important training foundation skills like basic commands and walking well on the leash, so they have a head start on training when you adopt them!
- Pen Pal dogs have also been spending lots of quality time with their Pen Pal volunteer, so you’ll be able to learn a lot of the dog’s personality inside and outside of the shelter!
- Pen Pal volunteers will be there to support you after you adopt if you need any help with your new dog’s transition to your home, behavior support, or any other questions!
- Pen Pal dogs have great stories, and really cute “before” photos to show to your friends and family when you’re bragging about your new pet!
- Pen Pal dogs are often available for special discounted adoption fees, so you can use your money saved to buy extra dog treats and toys!
If you’re interested in adopting a Pen Pal, please come down to the shelter (111 W Hunting Park Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19140) during adoption hours! Monday-Friday, 1pm-8pm and Saturday-Sunday, 10am- 5pm.
Download an Adoption Application.