You MUST have an appointment to surrender a pet to the shelter. At this time, ACCT Philly is NOT scheduling any owner surrender appointments for dogs. Any walk-in owner surrender appointments will NOT be accepted.
Can’t keep your pet or need medical or behavioral help?
Reach out to ACCT’s Help Desk to provide further guidance on resources that may be available to you to help you keep your pet: email@example.com, or complete a Request For Assistance form here.
Here are some additional resources to assist you:
PLEASE NOTE: The shelter is FULL, and all animals are at a high risk of euthanasia. We encourage you to first try rehoming through friends, family, and neighbors, and then try the resources below
- Citizens for a No-Kill Philadelphia, https://www.phillynokill.org/connect-with-a-rescue
- Adopt a Pet, https://rehome.adoptapet.com/r/84602
- Get Your Pet, www.getyourpet.com
- Pet Guardians, www.petguardians.org
- Home to Home, https://home-home.org/shelter/acct-philly/
- Rescue Me, https://www.rescueme.org/
CONNECT WITH A RESCUE:
- PSPCA, www.pspca.org/resources/surrendering-pet
LOW COST VETERINARY CARE:
- PAWS 2900 Grays Ferry Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19146 ◆ 215-298-9680
- PAWS Northeast 1810 Grant Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19115 ◆ 215-545-9600
- Philadelphia Animal Hospital 7401 Holstein Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19153 ◆ 215-724-5550
- PSPCA 350 E. Erie Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19134 ◆ 215-426-6300
- Providence Animal Center 555 Sandy Bank Road, Media, PA 19063 ◆ 610-565-1370
- Dutton Road Veterinary Clinic 10901 Dutton Road, Philadelphia, PA 19154 ◆ 215-331-2968
- Emancipet 575 Adams Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19120 ◆ 267-774-4901
- Girard Veterinary Clinic 2806 W. Girard Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19130 ◆ 215-232-0931
- Citizens for a No-Kill Philadelphia: https://www.phillynokill.org/behavior-assistance
- Best Friends (Dog): https://resources.bestfriends.org/pet-training/dog-training
- Best Friends (Cat): https://resources.bestfriends.org/pet-training/cats
- City Kitties (Cat): http://www.citykitties.org/behavioral-problems-167-emergency
FREE PET FOOD PANTRIES
- Citizens for a No-Kill Philadelphia: https://www.phillynokill.org/community-pet-pantry
- PAWS: https://phillypaws.org/events/
- LIFE: https://www.life-foundation.org/
If you’re looking into humane euthanasia for an ill and/or elderly pet, please come in to the shelter, no appointment needed. If you’d like to be with your pet in their last moments, please reach out to Emeka’s Fund, https://www.emekasfund.org/, or your local veterinarian .
If there is a medical emergency with your pet, please contact your local animal hospital.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: Any advice provided by the Animal Care & Control Team of Philadelphia (ACCT Philly) is for informational purposes only. Some ACCT Philly email addresses may be managed by volunteers of ACCT Philly and do not necessarily represent the views of ACCT Philly or ACCT Philly staff. Behavior and training advice and suggestions provided are not intended to be a substitute for the advice of a professional dog trainer or qualified animal behaviorist. ACCT Philly expressly disclaims any and all liability, expressed or implied, with respect to the service and advice received. Your reliance on the advice provided and/or content of ACCT Philly’s website or email communications is solely at your own risk. In addition, none of the content on ACCT Philly’s website or in communications from ACCT Philly representatives is intended to constitute veterinary advice or any other advice of a professional nature. You should always consult your own veterinarian, dog behaviorist or other applicable professional for advice before making important decisions about your pet. Never disregard medical or professional advice, or delay seeking it, because of advice provided by ACCT Philly representatives. You should also ask your veterinarian to assist you in interpreting any behavioral advice provided and in applying the information to your individual case.