Looking for an
Who We Are:
ACCT Philly is the open admissions, animal care and control organization serving the City of Philadelphia. ACCT Philly provides intake, adoption, return to owner, and surrender prevention services to the community, as well as triage, spay/neuter, rescue transfer, foster placement, and quality care for the 15,000 animals we see each year. With a focus on lifesaving, ACCT Philly has expanded its capacity and provided a higher level of service to our animals, year over year, with an overall live release rate of 89% in 2020.
Who We Need:
A Veterinarian who thrives in a fast paced environment where no two days are the same; someone who appreciates that the animals entering our shelter need varying levels of care from basic vaccination to palliative care to emergency interventions and more – and believes there is tremendous value in each. Someone interested in a wide variety of experiences and in coordinating and collaborating with many other stakeholders to facilitate great care.
ACCT Philly Veterinarians are key members of the ACCT Philly medical and management teams and are responsible for helping support and cultivate the growth of the medical team overall. The ideal fit is someone who enjoys teaching others, who has a compassionate and positive attitude with animals and people, and who’s excited to be part of a growing, developing organization.
Working at ACCT provides the opportunity to learn HQHVSN surgery and anesthesia skills with mentorship. We also perform other soft tissue and generalized surgery, giving the opportunity for growth. Our partnerships with rescues and veterinary partners allows us to treat cases of many different levels of difficulty. We work with contract veterinarians to provide support, relief for time off, and fresh insight.
● Must have or be eligible to obtain a license to practice veterinary medicine in Pennsylvania
● Must have or be eligible to obtain DEA certification for management of controlled substances utilized for patient care
● Must have or be eligible to obtain USDA I and II certification to facilitate placement of animals out of state
● Must have ability to provide some on call support
Why Should You Apply?
Veterinary positions at ACCT Philly come with these amazing benefits:
● Flexible 40 hour work week for Full-Time
● Additional compensation for on-call support (by phone!)
● Ongoing professional relationships with University of Pennsylvania and University of Wisconsin Schools of Veterinary Medicine
● Multiple special treatment funds available to facilitate advanced care for pets
● Annual stipend for continuing education
● Membership in ASV or AVMA paid for by ACCT Philly
● Annual compassion fatigue training for all ACCT Philly employees
● Certifications paid for by ACCT Philly
● $10,000 sign on bonus*
● $110,000 starting salary for full-time
● 401k, competitive benefits (health, dental, long/short term disability) and paid time off packages