Looking for a community oriented, customer service guru!
Who We Are:
ACCT Philly is the open admissions, animal care and control organization serving the City of Philadelphia. ACCT Philly provides intake, adoption, return to owner, and surrender prevention services to the community, as well as spay/neuter, rescue transfer, foster placement, and quality care for the 15,000 animals we see each year. With a focus on lifesaving, ACCT Philly saves more animal lives every year, with an 89% live release rate in 2020.
Who We Need:
At ACCT, we call our customer service team Community Support Counselors – because their job is to support our community, humans and animals alike! By helping solve problems for people and pets, whether that means taking in animals who need care, reuniting them back with their families, or referring for outside services, the CSC helps create a more humane community by creating trust and forming relationships through a non-judgemental, compassionate approach. We’re looking for a CSC that is passionate about Philadelphia and those who live here and who want to help those most in need. Someone who leads with kindness and can connect with people of all backgrounds with a welcoming smile and a willingness to listen.
An ideal Community Support Counselor is someone who is able to stay calm under pressure and who genuinely enjoys interacting with people. They don’t get flustered and they are well organized and always work to find a solution. The CSC also works hands on with animals as they come into our care and the ideal candidate is someone who’s comfortable interacting with animals of all kinds. This is an entry level position and a great place to start for someone looking to build a career in animal welfare!
Because we serve a diverse community, a bilingual Phildadelphian is our dream candidate (though, if you are not – we still want to meet you!)
- High school diploma or GED
- A great attitude and a genuine love of people
- The ability and willingness to work with passionate, often emotional people
- An interest and ability to work with animals of various species, temperaments, and medical statuses
Why Should You Apply?
Positions at ACCT Philly come with these amazing benefits:
- Full-time employment with ample opportunity to earn overtime
- Additional compensation for specialized tasks such as training, and for certain shifts and holidays
- Union membership
- A diverse team with people from many backgrounds and experiences
- Ongoing access to training and continuing education
- Basic vaccines and preventative care for staff pets
- Discounted veterinary care at participating veterinary partners
- Opportunities for advancement
- Annual compassion fatigue training for all ACCT Philly employees, plus an Employee Assistance Program
- 401k, competitive benefits (health, dental, long/short term disability) and paid time off
- Starting hourly rate $14.25