Looking for a hard-working, creative cat lover!
Who We Are:
ACCT Philly is the open admissions, animal care and control organization serving the City of Philadelphia. ACCT Philly provides intake, adoption, return to owner, and surrender prevention services to the community, as well as spay/neuter, rescue transfer, foster placement, and quality care for the 18,000 animals we see each year. With a focus on lifesaving, ACCT Philly saves more animal lives every year, with an 89% live release rate in 2020.
Who We Need:
A Community Cats Coordinator who’s passionate about the resiliency and adaptive nature of cats and who’s an independent worker, happy to self-direct and stay on task!
We’re looking for a Community Cats Coordinator who’s interested in working hands on with the cats – facilitating TNR clinic days, providing daily care, etc., as well as coordinating with a wide group of stakeholders to ensure the cats get what they need – trappers and caretakers, ACCT’s internal medical team and veterinary partners, our Animal Protection Officers, and more!
We know that many cats throughout Philadelphia prefer their homes in the community, even if they are non-traditional; but we also want to ensure they are provided the resources and support they need to live as happily and healthily as possible. By providing client-facing TNR and shelter-facing SNR services, ACCT, lead by the Community Cats Coordinator, helps maximize the number of cats who are spayed, neutered, and vaccinated throughout the City.
- High school diploma or GED
- A great attitude
- The ability and willingness to handle cats, including unsocialized ones
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Previous experience within the TNR community a plus
- Must be fluent with computers and able to use a shelter software system efficiently and accurately
- Must be able to life up to 50lbs. and perform physical work such as cleaning, transporting animals, etc.
- Our ideal candidate is bilingual in English and Spanish
Why Should You Apply?
Positions at ACCT Philly come with these amazing benefits:
- A diverse team with people from many backgrounds and experiences
- Ongoing access to training and continuing education
- Basic vaccines and preventative care for staff pets
- Discounted veterinary care at participating veterinary partners
- Opportunities for advancement
- Annual compassion fatigue training for all ACCT Philly employees
- Starting salary $32,000
- 401k, competitive benefits (health, dental, long/short term disability) and paid time off