Losing a pet can be a scary experience; the best way to find your pet is to act quickly!
If you have lost your pet, fill out a lost report right now by clicking here. Be sure to upload a recent photo of your pet with your report. Reports expire after 6 weeks so please email firstname.lastname@example.org if your pet is still missing so the report can be renewed.
Next, you are strongly encouraged to come to the shelter and look for your pet as soon as possible. Descriptions provided over the phone may not accurately assist staff in finding your pet if he or she is here at the shelter. More than 15,000 animals pass through the shelter each year so it is important that you visit in person on a regular basis (daily visits are best) when your pet is lost. ACCT Philly is open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m to look for lost pets.
Any questions? Contact the ACCT Philly at email@example.com .
TIPS FOR FINDING YOUR LOST PET
- Immediately fill out an ACCT Philly lost report, and contact other local animal shelters as well. Make sure you supply the best telephone number to reach you any time of the day in case your pet is found.
- Add your pet’s information to ACCT Philly’s Lost and Found Pets page on Facebook. Be sure to include a photo.
- Post fliers with your pet’s picture around the area where he/she was last seen and around your neighborhood.
- Check websites such as Craig’s List & Petfinder to look for and post information about your lost pet.
- Contact your Veterinarian.
- Place a “lost pet” ad in your neighborhood newspaper.
- Reports expire after 6 weeks so please email firstname.lastname@example.org if your pet is still missing so the report can be renewed.
WHAT YOU NEED TO RECLAIM YOUR PET
If you have found your pet at ACCT Philly, we know you are very relieved and anxious to take him back to his home. To reclaim your pet from the shelter, bring as many of these items as you have with you:
- Current government issued identification with your name and address (driver’s license; state ID, etc) ***This is required***
- Current vaccination records
- Proof of ownership (pictures of your pet, vaccination records, adoption papers, bill of sale, city license)
- There are some fees involved in reclaiming your pet. The shelter accepts cash, credit cards, money orders or personal checks.
Do not hesitate to contact ACCT Philly’s Customer Service Department at email@example.com or 267-385-3800 if you have any questions.
HOW TO KEEP YOUR PET SAFE
- DO NOT leave your animal unattended for long periods of time. Many pets become lost because they have been outside in a yard or enclosure and escape from an unnoticed opening.
- Always be sure your animal is wearing an appropriate collar with an identification tag and your contact information. If you change your telephone number, make sure you get a new tag for your pet with the updated information!
- License your dog. Dogs wearing city licenses are much more likely to be reunited with their families – visit PhillyDogLicense.com to license your dog now
- Microchip your pet. Most veterinarians and shelters can provide this service at a low cost.
- Secure all outside enclosures where you keep your pet
- NEVER walk your dog off leash