In 2014, ACCT Philly enlisted animal welfare consulting team the Humane Network to conduct an assessment of operational functions and programs for both animal sheltering and field services (including an onsite visit on November 18 – 20, 2015). The assessment focused on the current reality, as well as recommendations that foster a culture of continuous improvement, maximize lifesaving results, and help guide strategies for the future.
Major areas reviewed by the consulting team include:
- Animal flow
- Outcomes/live release
- Veterinary services
- Field services
- Programs including adoptions, foster care, etc.
- Marketing, development and community outreach
- Customer services
- Volunteer and Rescue Group program
- Resources—staffing levels, finances, etc
- Facility and animal housing
Part of the assessment included a volunteer and rescue partner survey. A summary of the survey results is available here.
A report of the entire Humane Network assessment is available below.